Image Map

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Astico County Park

I took my kiddo to Astico County Park mostly because I discovered they had canoe rentals, and I thought it would be fun to give it a try.
 Word to the wise: Don't give your 3-year-old a canoe paddle unless you are looking for a MAJOR arm workout trying to paddle against the one permanently dragging in the water!  My newly toned arms thank my daughter for the boot camp:)

The website says they offer half-day or full-day rentals, but onsite they also give the option of hourly.  One hour was perfect for us.

Once we got our canoe safely back to harbor, we did a little more exploring of the park.  It was mostly campsites and trails, but we did find a little playground.  I definitely wouldn't go to this park specifically looking to play on their playground because it was pretty minimal, but it was a nice enough pit stop.

Astico Park does have bathrooms.

Astico Park
N3620 County Road TT ~ Columbus, WI ~ 920-386-3700
Admission: There is no entrance fee, but there are fees to rent canoes/kayaks and to camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment